INFORMATION FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR (2019/2020)
CONDIÇÕES DE MATRÍCULA:
- It is possible to have some financial support given by the Ministério da Educação;
- The third sibling has a 10% discount in the monthly fee;
- The students who participate in extracurricular activities do not pay for the time they spend at school after classes;
- The students who have three extracurricular activities will have a 50% discount in the third activity;
- If the monthly fee is paid all together, that is the year fee, there will be a 5% discount;
- The transport service will have a 20% discount for the second sibling;
- Second-hand uniforms (we receive the no longer used uniforms, as long as they are in good condition, so that other students can use them by paying a symbolic value that will be used for charity);
- Second-hand books (it is possible to use second-hand books from older students).
- School timetable:
- Kindergarten and preschool – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 1st cycle – 8:45 am to 4:00 pm
- 2nd and 3rd cycle – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
NOTE: the 1st cycle students will have classes until 5:00 pm two days a week.
- HEADTEACHER’S TIMETABLE – Each class has a headteacher who at a specific day and time, defined at the beginning of school year, can talk to parents about their children. Besides that defined timetable, and whenever necessary, parents can ask for a meeting with the headteacher.
- BREAKS – Students are not authorised to get out of school during morning or afternoon breaks.
- INSURANCE – School insurance has a year fee paid at the beginning of each school year.
- ENROLLMENT – In case of withdrawal there will be no right of refund.
- COMPUTER CLASSES – All students have ICT classes in their curriculum. During the week, after classes, students can work in the Computer Room to make research and complete works.
- RELIGION for 1st cycle (Catequese) – 1st cycle students have the possibility to learn about Jesus if they want to.
- RELIGION for 2nd and 3rd cycles (EMRC) – 2nd and 3rd cycle students have this subject in their curriculum.
- AFTER SCHOOL – For students who remain at school thirty minutes after the classes are over, there will be a fee, except for those who participate in extracurricular activities.
- MONTHLY FEES – Payment must be made up to the 8th of each month. If the payment is not made in due time, there will be an extra charge. In case of lack of payment, students may no longer participate in the activities.
NOTE: There will be 10 monthly fees (from September to June), except for Kindergarten and Preschool, which will have 11 monthly fees (with the last one divided over the last three months).
- IT IS PARENTS’ RESPONSIBILITY::To read the school document Projeto Educativo and help in its implementation;To fulfill and help their children fulfill the rules established in Regulamento Interno;
Whenever a parent asks somebody else to pick up his/her child at school, it is their duty to inform the school secretary in writing.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (voluntary):
- Martial arts
Ballet / Dance
Spanish / English
Music (piano, guitar)
Sailing / Surfing
NOTE 1: These activities imply 9 monthly fees, from October to June.
Swimming is a 10 monthly fee activity, from October to July, but July is paid in October and November (a half each month). All these activities have an annual subscription.
NOTE 2: In July we provide free time activities for children from Kindergarten up to year 6.
- CANTEEN, PACKED LUNCH CANTEEN AND TRANSPORT SERVICES – All these services are paid monthly from September to June, except for Kindergarten and Preschool in which case the payment goes from September to July.
- ALTERATION OF SERVICES – If there is any need to alter or cancel any of the above services or extracurricular activities, this must be communicated to school in writing 15 days beforehand.
- ENGLISH – Although it is not part of the Portuguese curriculum, English is also taught to Pre-School, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Actions that show disrespect for rules or that harm others in any way, inside or outside the classroom, will be punished according to the rules that apply, depending on the type of offense or if it is a recurrence. Students are responsible for the replacement of any material they may damage.